It’s always fantastic reading about new tech released onto the market, and this isn’t any different. Cooler Master has issued a press note informing all of us of their new S400 and S600 silent towers. So in this article, we are just going to take a look at the press release notes, and when we receive the two cases to review them, we will update the article.
The Press Release Note:
Cooler Master expands its legacy of silent cases, launching the Silencio S400 & Silencio S600 with advanced technology and minimalistic design. Positioned to challenge the higher-priced market, the Silencio series refines its long-established strengths of silence optimization and thermal efficiency.
The Silencio’s minimalistic facade cloaks its complexity. Hidden ventilation and tight-fitting panels suggest its stillness, retaining the series’ sensible character. Modularity is approached by performance and utility. The top panel can be devoted to ventilation or for shielding sound. The front panel features reversible hinges for adaptability. The bezel of the front panel is hardly noticeable, designed as a subtle channel for air and characterized by angular slopes between the door and body. Fine-tuning design elements in form and function result in minimized noise, maximized thermal efficiency, and sophisticated refinement.
- Sound Dampening Material: Sound dampening material minimizes noise from the pre-installed fans, the power supply, all-steel panels, the steel front door, and all storage mounting points for 2.5″ and 3.5″ drives.
- Tempered Glass or Sound-Dampened Steel: The Silencio is available in two versions: seamless tempered glass to show the system build or sound dampened steel.
- Removable Sound Dampening Cover: The top cover can be removed for increased ventilation or kept in place to reduce noise.
- Reversible, Steel Front Door The sound-dampened, steel front door features a reversible mounting system that is capable of opening in two directions.
- Versatile HDD Cage (S400 only): The HDD cage can be shifted to the front for more PSU clearance, backward for additional front radiator space, or completely removed if HDD storage is not required.
- SD Card Reader: The I/O Panel features an SD Card Reader for rich connectivity.
- Headset Jack: The single four-pole headset jack features both audio and microphone capabilities simultaneously so that separate jacks are not needed.
- Silencio Fans: Two Silencio FP 120mm PWM fans are pre-installed with rubber padding to reduce noise. To connect additional fans, one 4pin 1-to-3 splitter comes in the box.
- Graphics Card Support Up To 398mm (319mm S400): Generous clearance space is provided to support the latest graphics cards.
Behind the Silencio’s outer panels are pieces of meticulously-placed sound dampening material, extensively tested using Sorama’s Cam64. The Cam64 visualizes noise, vibrations, and resonance patterns through an array of hyper pressure-sensitive microphones. In comparison to decibel meters, visualizations of sound offer more in-depth insights into audio dynamics and its impact with the Silencio’s frame and panels. Additional study of peaks in the sound spectrum helps identify the most prominent frequencies within a specific range.
Understanding and targeting the peaks in this spectrum not only showed a decrease in dB(A) value but also improves how silence is experienced as sound quality. To give an example, identifying peaks within specific frequency ranges made the dispersion of resonance possible—reducing the prominence of noise generated by system components.
Once the data collection process was completed, the frequencies impacting both sound level and sound quality were softened by addressing the Silencio’s overall rigidity and fine-tuning the placement of dampening material. The Silencio utilizes a combination of materials with different densities to counter specific frequency ranges. Appropriate material applied to precise locations accomplishes better results than using only one type of material throughout the entire chassis.
Whether builds are configured for optimum silence, workspace efficiency, or gaming performance, the Silencio demonstrates a proficiency for adaptability. With the link between silent technology, thermal performance, and cost-effectively balanced, the Silencio S400 & Silencio S600 are the accumulation of technologies developed through extensive analysis. Taking on an aesthetic form that matches its sophistication, the Silencio is just as visually adaptive as it is functional, able to embellish any setup.
Breaking all of this down:
That’s quite a lot to take in, but what we can take away from the press release is the versatility of the Silencio cases. The Silencio towers are ideal for the serious gamer who wants to have great thermals and enough space for liquid cooling, and for the office environment where you want the silent build. It has a minimalist design, yet the technology within this case is so amazing that it just steps up in that regard.
As I mentioned at the beginning, when we receive this case to review, we will update this article. When we take a deep dive into these cases, there will be a written review and video review. If you have any questions or suggestions, leave a comment below.
Hi there! My name is Corbyn and I enjoy love writing tech guides on a variety of topics. I always answer comments so if you have anything you want to ask or suggest, please go ahead and I will reply within 48 hours. If you are interested in getting your hardware or software reviewed, please use my contact form and we can talk business. Thanks for visiting my blog!